Friday, June 8, 2012

Keepin' It Clean!



I have Windows! Lots of BIG windows! On more than one occasion, I have had to go to the Wild Bird store and get those reflective decals that help the birds see my big ol' windows, cuz they keep committing suicide on them. And cleaning these windows can be a long painful process! But my friend, Ann gave me this 'recipe' for homemade window cleaner… and boy-howdy, does it work better than that store bought stuff. I mix it in a clean 5 gallon paint bucket, reserve some in my spray bottles, and clean all my windows (inside & out) with what’s left.
Oh, and one more thing, my husband taught me (really, he did), that newspapers & a good long handled squeegee work better than paper towels at making the windows streak-free! 
And since no good deed goes unpunished...I let him clean the windows all the time now!

Ann’s Magic Window Washing Recipe
2 gallons hot water
¼ cup ammonia
1 cup rubbing alcohol
2 drops “Joy” dishwashing detergent

Mix together in large bucket.
Pour some in a spray bottle to keep around for spot jobs.
Wash windows with a squeegee and old newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment